Subaru is preparing to uncover the world's first new generation of the Forester. The Japanese crossover SUV will be exhibited this month in Japan, and later will debut at the Los Angeles Motor Show. First images of the new Forester gives some indications about how it will look. There will be some minor esthetic differences between European and American version.
Compared to the current generation, the new Subaru Forester has grown in size. It now measure the length of 4595 mm (35 mm longer), width is 1695 mm (20 mm wider) and height is 1795 mm (+15 mm). The wheelbase has also increased by 25 mm and now measures 2640 mm, ensuring space for five passengers.
Subaru will offer only two petrol engines. First, a normally aspirated 2.5-liter BOXER which will deliver 170 horsepower and 236 Nm and will be connected to either a manual transmission or a CVT. Top of the range will be but a 2.0-liter, turbocharged BOXER engine, capable of delivering 250 horsepower and 350 Nm. This version will be offered exclusively with a CVT transmission. For both versions will be available Symmetrical All Wheel Drive as a standard.
PR:Subaru of America, Inc. released the first official photos of the all-new 2014 Forester crossover SUV, which will make its North American debut at the 2012 Los Angeles Auto Show. The new Forester combines a bolder profile than before while offering a roomier interior with virtually the same footprint as the previous model.
The fourth generation of Subaru's popular Forester will offer a new 2.0-liter direct-injection turbocharged BOXER® engine producing 250 horsepower. The standard naturally aspirated 2.5-liter BOXER engine debuted in the outgoing Forester model. Fuel economy will be higher across the line with the debut of a new six-speed manual transmission and available Lineartronic® continuously variable transmissions (CVT).
The all-new five-passenger 2014 Subaru Forester preserves the optimal blend of SUV capability and car-like ride and handling that have made the Forester one of the Subaru brand's best-selling models for the past 15 years. Refined (or New) suspension system delivers agile handling and a highly compliant ride quality. Generous 8.7 inches of ground clearance enhances off-pavement driving capability.
The 2014 Subaru Forester will offer an exceptionally roomy interior, featuring increased rear seat legroom, and an enlarged cargo area. In-demand infotainment features will be offered, including smartphone integration, navigation, rear view camera, and harman/kardon® premium audio amplifier and speakers.
Basic Vehicle Specifications
- Engine types and output
- 2.5-liter 4-cylinder BOXER, naturally aspirated - 170 hp @ 5,800 rpm 174 lb.-ft. peak torque @ 4,100 rpm
- 2.0-liter 4-cylinder BOXER, direct fuel injection, turbocharging, intercooler - 250 hp @ 5,600 rpm 258 lb.-ft. peak torque @ 2,000-4,800 rpm
- Transmission Drivetrain - Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive standard for all models
- 2.5-liter models: 6-speed manual or Lineartronic CVT
- 2.0-liter turbo: high-torque CVT with 6-speed and 8-speed manual modes and Hill Descent Control
- Wheelbase - 103.9 in.
- Vehicle length - 180.9 in.
- Vehicle height - 68.2 in (with roof rails)
- Vehicle width - 70.7 in.
- 2.5-liter: 17 x 7 in. aluminum alloy with 225/60 R17 all-season
- 2.0-liter turbo: 18 x 7 in. aluminum alloy with 225/55 R18 all-season